Choice Language

What is online Affiliate Marketing?  

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Basically, online affiliate marketing is where someone advertises for another person’s website and in return the advertiser receives commission for each sale their advertising brings to that website. You are considered an affiliate if you’re advertising for a web site that you don’t own, and you are getting paid for each sale your advertising produces.

Here’s an example: Let’s say I want to sell computers, but I don’t have a website and I don’t have any computers to sell. Well instead of starting a company, I can just find a company online which already sells computers and offers an affiliate program. Now that I have searched and found a company, I look at what they offer. Let’s say they giving 10% commission on every sale I make. I decide to use that company and I set up my affiliate account with them and they give me a special URL (a web address that will let the company know that it was my advertising which gave them the sale), which I use in my advertisements.

Now I make an advertisement, and display it on Google. Whenever someone sees and clicks on my advertisement it will go to the company’s webpage. Let’s say that one hundred people click on my text advertisement and one of them buys a computer that cost $1,2.00. Because that person who bought the computer clicker on my advertisement the company will give me 10% of $1,2.00 which means that I made $120.00.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster